Thursday, July 22, 2010

Flower Cake Card/ Sweet Treats series #6




Hi Paper Lovers....


Here is card #6 in my Sweet Treats series and its a cake with flowers!!! So unlike me, I know ;)
I am going to try to do something DIFFERENT for my next card....I have had some suggestions to make a card with the ice cream....so I will try that next time!!! The reason I wanted to make ANOTHER cake card was I wanted to enter this in Mary's challenge blog http://cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/ AND I needed a birthday card....so here it is!!! I hope you like it. Here are the sizes......

The Cake is from pg 38 and it is cut @ 3.59 using the Blackout feature.
The Flowers are from pg 51 and 8 of them are cut @ .81 and 1 of them is cut @ 1.24.
The Pedistal is from pg 42 and it is cut @ 2.18 using the Blackout feature.
*I made this card in my Gypsy....so they are Gypsy sizes!

Below is my YouTube video of how I put the card together....

Thanks for stopping by today and have a blessed day!!!

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much for doing this series! Sweet Treats is one of my most under-used cartridges. Thanks for the inspirations!

Jessica Wekenman said...

Beautiful!!! I love your paper choice and all the flowers!

Edna Marie said...

Oh how pretty! love the soft colors and the embossing is just wonderful,thanks for playing along with us at CCC ;)Inspired

Unknown said...

Super cute! I can't wait to see how you make an "ice cream" cake! TFS :)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a cute card for this week's challenge Sarah!!! Love the embossing on the cake and pretty bg paper!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!

Hugs,
Terry

Jeri said...

What a beautiful cake. Love the embossing and the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

Annie said...

Your cards are so elegant Sarah - I always love your colour choices!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Alex said...

super cute :) I just got the sweet treats cart and I'm so glad you're doing this series :) TFS :)

mum of two said...

This is just beautiful! TFS - I have been LOVING your series :)

michelle

Valerie said...

OH how I LOVE this card!!!
I was trying to figure out how to "sign-up" on your blog to start receiving emails from you. I am probably overlooking it but could you please let me know how?
Thanks a million,
Valerie

Dorcas said...

This is so so cute! love it! TFS!
~Dorcas

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Valerie...I hope you see this message...I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but couldnt. I dont have anything set up for email alerts...but that is a GREAT idea...and I think I need to look into that!
thanks for leaving such a sweet comment!!!
hugs,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Help! I LOVE this card and want to make one for my sister's birthday. But when I tried to follow along using your measurements the pieces were HUGE. There was no way they would fit on a 5.50 square card. What am I missing? Thanks for all of your posts - your projects are gorgeous!