Saturday, October 2, 2010

Always Crafty's Fall/Halloween Blog Hop

Welcome to Stephanie from Always Crafty's Fall/Halloween Blog Hop.


UPDATE....THANK YOU EVERYONE! THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN STEPHANIE ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS =)


Hi Paper Lovers! If you found me from Sonia's blog then you are on the right track. If not, please head to our host Stephanies blog to start. We have an AWESOME grand prize giveaway from our AWESOME sponser....Carol and Barrie from Scrapadabadoo are donating a TIM HOLTZ On The Edge Die SIGNED BY HIM!!! and a Kaiser Craft Paper pack called Jades Garden!!! Can I get a WOO HOO!!! If you have a chance, stop by their store and check them out!




Thanks so much Stephanie for asking me to be a part of this hop with such amazing talent!!!




On to my project......


I have decided to do something I have NEVER done before....use my Cricut to make a home decor project....GASP....I cant believe I have never tried one before. I decided to go with a Fall Wall Hanging. I LOVE Fall....so I thought a Welcome Fall sign was perfect since I couldnt wait for it to get here!!!




And here it is.....









I cut a 6x12 piece of cardboard from a cereal box and covered it in patterned paper.


The TREE is cut from SIMPLY CHARMED at 7 1/2......I cut it first out of cardboard and then layered it with the paper so it was thicker.


The SCARECROW is also cut from SIMPLY CHARMED at 4....I also cut it out of cardboard first.


The font is from DON JUAN. WELCOME is cut at 1 1/2 and FALL is cut at 2 1/2. I also cut all the letters out of cardboard and then paper.


The LEAVES are cut from DOODLECHARMS at 1 and at 1/2 of an inch.


I used my Cropadile and punched 2 holes at the top and used some brown ribbon to hang the sign.


The patterned paper is from Making Memories and is from last year.




It really was a simple project and I hope you like it and are inspired to make your own custom home decor for Fall!!!




Here is the list of all the AWESOME talent in todays hop!!!




























I am last so I think you are done =)


Thanks so much for hopping along with us. Dont forget to leave ONE comment on each blog to be entered in the GRAND prize drawing. And feel free to look around my blog =)




Have a blessed day and HAPPY FALL!!!

85 comments:

Georgiana said...

What a great job you did! It came out perfect.

Georgiana : )

mum of two said...

I love your project! This is gorgeous. I think I need this cartridge :)

michelle

Barb A. said...

Great blog hop!!!

Trickut said...

Very cute it reminds me of a fairytale setting.

thanks
Rachel
gl2814@zoominternet.net

LesleyfromWI said...

Super cute project!

Jayne said...

cute project!

Anonymous said...

Nice Project Sarah.. love the wall hanging idea...

THanks for Sharing..

ivette_aviles@yahoo.com

Christina said...

This has been a great Hop! TFS

Crafting Katie said...

Sarah, this is so cute! I haven't made any wall decor either, but you've inspired me!

Dawn McCarty said...

I love this sign. Very cute. my boys would love to make this for there door in there room. tfs. hugs

weezie143 at att dot net.

Denise G said...

Very cute wall hanging. I hope you have many hours of fun home decor projects ahead.

www.cricutmyway.blogspot.com

scrappin2babygirls said...

such a cute lil sign thanks so much for sharing!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Alex said...

This is sooo cute :) But your stuff if always cute TFS :)

the condes at gmail dot com

littlen said...

what a cute project. tfs. this has been a great blog hop with so many creative ideas shared.

GiGi said...

I love your sign! That scarecrow is TOO cute!
booger1 at tds.net

stefeni said...

How sweet is that welcome sign!! I need to spice up my house and make some home decors. A welcome sign will be a great start :)

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Melissa said...

Well I think you should try your hand at more home deco projects because that one is adorable!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Shorty Creations said...

Super cute wall hanging! I just got the Simply Charmed cartridge and I love it :)

mitz said...

your work of art is ** banner-riffic ** WTG!! what fun its been on the hop TY
( mitz_zeeatyahoodotcom )

Luv-To-Scrap said...

Great project. I haven't made any home decor projects either. I will try this one.
I never thought to use cereal boxes. TFS.
maryleefrostatmedotcom

Capri's Delights said...

I like the wall hanger project. I want to try it myself.

Scrappy Mel said...

Yay - I'm 1st!!! Your project is ADORABLE!! I love that tree and the scarecrow! Hopefully, your sign will speed fall along toward us here in AZ - it's still going to be 100 degrees today. LOL

Scrappy Mel said...

Ok - so your have on comment approval, which means I'm not 1st - boo... LOL!

Unknown said...

cute!! i like it.. i think i'm gonna make one for my classroom!! tfs

felkatz at gmail dot com

Vicki said...

Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kristine said...

I love your project! Thanks for sharing!

krissaxt at yahoo dot com

Turnedgypsy said...

thank you for the info. i had not thought of using cereal box. thank you Love your blog and will be back. thanks for chance win, your projects are awesome

CARD CHALLENGE GOING ON NOW HERE:
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Chris
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com


would love to have you visit, comment and upload your card on my contest page.

Marianne S. said...

I really like your welcome sign/banner, great project. Thank you for being part of the hop and sharing your project.

Marianne S.
www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com
sthquilter at gmail dot com

Heather said...

What a cute sign!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Beverly Steele said...

wonderful job i love your sign...

bevbeach6801@embarqmail.com

The Cropping Canuck said...

So cute! I would love this on my door!

Beulah (Scrapngigi) said...

This has been an awesome hop around thanks for sharing your wonderful talents with everyone.

honeybee88@suddenlink.net

Amanda C said...

This is so sweet! That scarecrow is just adorable. I could almost justify getting the entire Simply Charmed cartridge for him and that tree LOL :)

Anonymous said...

This turned out so cute! I can't believe that it's your first project - it looks awesome!

Tanya said...

Cute fall sign! Love that little scarecrow :)

Suzy said...

Great project!! :)

~Suzy suzyq28024 at gmail dot com

Linda said...

Very cute, thanks for sharing.

Rainbow said...

I really like home decor projects, thank you for posting this it looks easy and nice.

Michelle dot watson 82 at gmail dot com

Nicole said...

Cute project, especially for your first one. It's good to see you posting again!

Janis Lewis said...

I love this wall hanging! I have GOT to get that Simply Charmed cart!! Isn't FALL just a fun time of the year! I love it. Thanks for the fun hop!! :) Janis northrose@slowar.com

4kids4 said...

Love the wall hanging...the scarecrow is just toooo cute! I just received my Simply Charmed cartridge and I've been thinking about attempting my first home decor project too...maybe a little framed piece...wish me luck! TFS!

CyndiU said...

Thank you for being part of the hop. Your first home deco is sooooooooooooo cute.

cureta2@yahoo.com
gamasget-a-way.blogspot.com

Nikki Bond said...

What a fantastic wall hanging! I love it! {SMILES}

Christy said...

Nice sign! I love that little tree! I have seen it used a lot lately on projects! Thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

This project is so cute! You should do more like this! I have really enjoyed this blog hop and finding several new sources of inspiration. I'm following your blog now! Thanks for the great idea!

lucyblueeyz@yahoo.com
trinkets-n-treasures.artfire.com

My Creative Time said...

AWWWWWH Miss Sarah, your project is SOOOO SUPER CUTE!!! I need to make myself one too!!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Cristi said...

So adorable!! I love it, that little scarecrow is adorable!!
Big Hugs
Cristi

Valine said...

This is just adorable! Great job!!!

jennyplace2 said...

Thank you for being part of the blog hop. I had such a fun time visiting all the blogs along the way. I found some very nice ideals to try. Have a great day
jennyplace26@gmail.com

Darlene said...

I love it! And yes I think you have inspired me to create my own Fall wall hanging. It will be my 1st home decor as well! LOL
desaucier at bellsouh dot net

crafty queen said...

I really like the project and am inspired to recycle. Very cleaver and I don't have a wall hanger either so I can come up with something too. Thanx for sharing.

gdobberteen@yahoo.com

I love your stuff

Cherylann's "Outta-My-Mind " said...

I love all of your projects. I am now a follower.
Cherylann

Teri Barefoot said...

Love your blog and glad that you were part of the blog hop so that I found you
Thanks I will be back
Teri
teri.barefoot@gmail.com

Amanda Villarreal said...

I love making wall art with my cricut! I love yours its great inspiration!

Tracy said...

So super cute Sarah - I just LOVE your project. :)
♥Tracy

Denise said...

It is adorable!!! I love it!! TFS!!

maryanns said...

Great looking wall sign! Warning: Once you start using your Cricut to create home decor projects, it is hard to stop!!!

Carolyn said...

Very cute wall hanging. tfs

aud1inok said...

So cute. I've never used my cricut to cut out cereal boxes but I love it!

Unknown said...

Very cool. Isn't if fun to try something new?

Burffrau @ aol dot com

Kathy said...

Beautiful wall hanging! Gotta love how versitle the cricut can be! Thanks for sharing!
kmgillon at ahoo dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Wonderful project...Thank You for being in the hop and for a chance to win great prises.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Debican said...

This turned out great. There was so much talent on the hop. I had alot of fun. TFS

pj said...

End of blog hops are so bitter sweet. Sad their over, but now it's my turn to try something out. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, Your project is really cute. Love the scarecrow! I have only made one sign, so this is great inspiration to make another. Thanks for a fun blog hop! primedinpaper@gmail.com

ScrappyScavenger said...

I cant believe you havent either! it turned out great! thanks! www.ScrappyScavenger.blogspot.com

Deanna Mulder said...

Love the home decor wall art project. Very cute. Thanks for the inspiration.

Norma said...

Love the project !!! Thank you for such a fun HOP:)

Martha galvez said...

Too cute. Love your project. thank you for sharing.
martha
pattig161@yahoo.com

MJR said...

Adorable project. I love the fact that you used a cereal box-(no need to purchase anything else) I will be returning to your blog for more creativity. TFS

Marilyn

TheCraftyKitchen said...

Very cute! I haven't used my Cricut for home decor either, now you've inspired me :)

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Great project, I haven't yet tried any home Decor project with my Cricut--thanks for the nudge in that direction.

Kathy
Katsews at Gmail dot com

scrapBugz said...

Super cute and super simple project. Love it!

Mandy
mjbaker@earthlink.net

Heather said...

Thank you for the idea. I have not tried it for home decor yet, but seeing some of the projects I wonder why I never thought of it before. TFS

Heather
uofkgirl at gmail dot com

T's Corner for Craftin' said...

Great projects. I loved the HOP! Looking forward to visiting your page more often!

michelle said...

I love you cute fall project. im new to the blog hop thing loveing every blog. michellecrawford80@yahoo.com

365 Days of Cricut said...

This is so adorable! I want to make one now!!

nanapuddin said...

Cute sign! TFS!!

Melissa said...

Very cute wall hanging!

Melissa
dolfnz777 at yahoo dot com

christys_scrappin said...

Adorable!

Here is my link....looking for new followers too!

http://christysscrappin.blogspot.com/

Teri said...

I thought your project turned out really cute! My favorite "must buy" items at Craft Shows are wall hangings. Thanks for sharing. It's fun to see the variety of things you can do with the Cricut!

Jennifer said...

Sarah,

It's hard to imagine that you've never made a home decor project! ;) I love the way it came out!!! :)

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Maria said...

Super cute wall hanging! I think I may give home decor a try. Thanks for sharing this project!

Kim H said...

I can finally comment... yes you did inspire me to make a home decoration! I so love and need to get that cartridge! Love that tree too!
tfs
Kim H

jen said...

What a cute home decoration... super cute. I love your cute owls on your blog. I just became your newest follower on your blog and can't wait to see your next creation. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime. jennyscards.blogspot.com
hugs,jen